Is Foster Parenting right for you?
There is a critical shortage of Foster Homes in the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen. You can become a Foster Parent and help children and families in your community if you are:
- Over the age of 19.
- Patient, loving, and understanding.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in meeting the needs of children who come from hard places.
- Willing to train and improve your skills.
- Supportive of a child’s need to maintain family and cultural connections.
- Able to maintain a stable, structured and positive home environment.